Wednesday, August 08, 2007

New Toy


I recently fell into some birthday money (my birthday is August 13...mark it on your calendars folks), so I decided to actually buy something for ME. Rarely do I get to do that these days other than lunches out and the occasional kitchen gadget. I finally broke down and bought an MP3 player. I feel like I've finally joined the 1990s.

I followed PCMag.com's recommendations and bought a Sansa Express. It's a tiny little thing with 1GB of memory, but it's a great MP3 player, and it's at least a third of the cost of the Apple iPod Nano. It basically gives you all the basic functions: music, FM radio, voice recording, and FM recording. Furthermore, the USB port is directly attached to it, so you can plug it directly into your computer to charge it up and upload/download songs.

What's amazing/amusing is I remember my first portable Sony CD player that I bought $10 years ago for $100. This cost half that. Of course portable CD players now cost one-quarter that.

So, if you need me, I'll be plugged in to my new toy...probably listening to Kevin Mohl and the Burning Sensation.

No comments: