Monday, February 25, 2008

Hit By a Bus

I stayed home from work today, and I most likely will be home on Tuesday. Seems that the virus playing ping-pong between my family members finally hit me in the head. I kind of feel like I was hit by a bus.

Which makes me wonder about that expression. I've been in many business continuity meetings where we have discussed the transfer of work in the case that a crucial member of the team is not available. We ALWAYS discuss this as, "What should we do if you were hit by a bus?"


Is there a psychotic bus driver somewhere out there taking out crucial members of project teams? Does he or she have a master list of critical project personnel?


"Oh, there is Drake. His job is redundant. He can live. But wait...there's Dan! He's the only person on the team who knows SPSS. He's mine!" SWERRRRRVVVE!


Who is this madman, and can he be stopped? What does she have against project-oriented business? It sounds like something straight out of Dilbert. Which means, if it turns up on Dilbert, remember you saw it here first.

No comments: