Thursday, February 14, 2008

Two Interesting Articles That Just Came Through My Email

My friend Kelly Coleman spends much of his time scanning the blogosphere daily (hourly?) and forwarding to his friends and colleagues those articles and blogs that he finds the most interesting. That the articles are all progressive in nature is totally coincidental...as is the fact that his mailing list is called the DFL Newsgroup. (For those of you outside of Minnesota, that stands for "Democratic-Farm-Labor"...but I digress...)

Today he forwarded two very interesting articles that I feel are worth passing along.

The first is an article by Governor Eliot Spitzer of New York in the Washington Post.
Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime
For those of you (like me, I fear) who don't fully understand how the subprime lending crisis happened, he explains that the attorneys general from all 50 states tried to fight the predatory lending practices, and were completely stymied by the Bush administration. It's an interesting article from a well-respected governor.

The second article comes from P.M. Carpenter's blog.
For McCain, From Bad Dreams to Nightmares -- Courtesy Barack Obama
I like Carpenter's writings, but this article seemed to stand out above his other commentaries. He explains how McCain and the Republicans are now complaining that Obama is only mouthing platitudes...when that's EXACTLY what the Republican party has been doing for the last 60 years. It's a classic case of (and do forgive me for saying this) the pot calling the kettle black.

No comments: